Me and My Dreams

~Background
Hi everyone! My name is Marchotridyo, people usually call me Marcho. My closer friends either call me by 'Aco' or just simply call me by one word: "Mar" or "Cho".  I was born on the 1st of March 2002, in the city of Bontang, that is in East Kalimantan. So, I'm now 17! I'm the third child in my family, so I have 2 older brothers. Both of my brothers now work in Singapore at Shopee, and they're both graduates from STEI ITB.

My family consists of me, my older brother, Rangga, my oldest brother, Inov, my mom and my dad. Although, now, in the time of writing this, I'm only home with mom because both of my brothers are working in Singapore and my dad is working over at Bontang again.

I've lived in many different part of Indonesia before. I only lived at Bontang for a short amount of time, under 2 years. Then, I went and moved to Makassar which is located in South Sulawesi because my dad got moved to a different office. I lived in Makassar until playgroup, then I moved to Semarang which is located in Central Java. I lived at Semarang until the 1st grade where then I moved to Surabaya which is located in East Java. At the 4th grade, I moved to Bandung where I stayed there until now, the time of me writing this.

~What am I good at?
Talking about my strengths, one of them has to be in my ability to learn things quickly. I'm a fast learner and able to adapt with new things very quickly, especially with things that requires much logical intelligence, such as scientific studies. This greatly affects my grades at school, because in my history of my lifetime, I've never dropped out of the 1st rank in class no matter which school I went to. I have excellent abilities in solving complex problems that requires some logic skills and arithmetic skills like in math, physics, or chemistry. I'm pretty good in learning new languages too, as I am usually able to grasp the grammatical part of it pretty quick while still retaining great memory to store the vocabularies.

My memory is quite decent compared to others too! When preparing for exams, I don't write notes in books or make beautiful mind maps which consume a lot of time. I just read and understand the concepts which takes a shorter amount of time compared to others who read books and make mind maps, and the results are if's as good, it's usually more effective compared to others.

I'm also pretty good at teaching myself how to do stuff. I'm able to play multiple musical instruments although I've only learned my first instrument at the 7th grade! It was the recorder. By the 9th grade, I'm able to play the piano, drums, guitar, saxophone, recorder, and also sing. I've learned all of this by myself, watching YouTube videos and guessing the notes by ear. So, you could say that my ear has a pretty good sense of music because I'm able to play music by ear.

I'm also easily trusted by other people. I'm a hard worker, and the results of my work are usually much better when compared to other people's works. I've always been the class representative since grade 4, and my teachers has always trusted me on sending messages or tasks or just giving responsibilities to me in general.

I like to help other people too. I don't have a lot of activities so most of the time I'm not busy. On my free time, I usually respond and help the peoples who need my help, usually in school studies or anything, really.

I'm pretty good with computers, too. I can type at the speed of 140 words per minute, that's better than 99,8%'s world population according to 10fastfingers.com. I've learned how to code at the 2nd grade, and even taught my brother early college programming when I was only in the 7th grade. I'm able to design graphic stuffs and edit digital videos too.

On sports, the only thing I can think of is I'm usually played as the goalkeeper. My reflexes are quite good even though I wear glasses and it's sometimes quite a bother when playing soccer.

~The things that could be improved in me:
I usually have much free time, and I use them for things that are usually not productive. I spend a lot of time sleeping and playing games when I should have used them for better things, I suppose. I spend way too much time on gadgets.

I don't really like working in groups, because sometimes people around the group just slow my work down. It's usually the arguments about what and how the work should be but most of the time it still ends up following my decision, so I don't really like the idea of discussing things way too much. I just want to get things done properly and quick. You could say -- I'm a bit selfish when it comes to group works.

~The things that I like and how I spend my free time
I like playing games and watching videos on YouTube. That's basically the things I do on my free time in a nutshell.

I also really like hanging out with my friends and my loved ones. My favourite activity is karaoke. So, if you're planning to ask me to go outside somewhere, don't forget to put karaoke in the routine!

At school, I participate in Trilogi and Musik Klasik 3. Trilogi is a group for those who are interested in competing at science stuffs. I'm the representative for the Chemistry group of Trilogi. Meanwhile, Musik Klasik 3 is an extracurricular activity for those who are interested in playing classical music. I play the saxophone over there.

Okay, outside of that, I really like playing music. After a long day at school, I hit up the piano and sing a few song before taking a rest. It's a really effective way to release out stress while also improving your creativity side.

Lately, I've been more focused in my studies. I dream to be the best graduate of my high school and go to the best university I can go to. I'm also preparing for the chemistry olympiads, so these last few months I've been putting extra hours into chemistry so I can have a chance competing in the olympiads.

~My achievements
Academically, I've lot of achievements. It involves competitions inside school and competitions outside of school, too! At all the schools I've went into, I'm always the best graduate and always get the 1st rank in class. I compete in math and science competitions. I have around 30 trophies of it stored in my home. Back then when I was still at the 1st grade, I would go on competitions for 3rd graders and still manage to snatch the first or second place trophy. So, often, back then, I would go home from a competition bringing more than 2 trophies.

I have some other achievements outside of academics too. I've been the school representative of my primary school that was sent to Malaysia to perform the Mojang Priangan dance and Saman dance too. Fun fact, I sang at the same time while I performed the Saman dance!

I made a history in Al-Azhar 14 Semarang. When the 6th graders graduate, they usually have a Quran reading test with all the tajwids involved too. I was the youngest graduate the school has ever seen, as I graduated from the Quran reading test before I was even 1st grade (I was still in pre-primary school at that time).

On music, I have a trophy on a solo guitar competition and also a trophy on traditional music too which I share with my classmate now, Sultan.

~My wishes, goals, dreams, and how do I pursue it
One of my dreams that I'm really working on right now is to finish senior high school as the best graduate. By doing so, I should have a bit of leeway when I'm choosing universities and that's another  dream I'm chasing too.

I want to go to the best university in Asia which is located in Singapore, not far from Indonesia. It's either NUS or NTU I'm targeting for, so obviously the competition's gonna be tough.

I also have a goal of winning a medal (any will do, really, even it's only bronze) in OSN (the national students olympiad) in the field of Chemistry. It's a huge achievement that will help me getting tuitions to my dream university.

I want to be a programmer one day, and I've learned how to code as early as the 2nd grade. I want to work at a big, popular technological company such as Google or Microsoft one day, as they pay a lot of money and their facilities at their office at awesome! That's why my target universities are STEI ITB, or the Computer Science major in NUS or NTU.

I've always been working on all of them. I'm quite diligent when it comes to studying, and so far my grades has been pretty good, even above my expectations. I put extra hours of studying in chemistry every weekend. Although, I'm never studying too hard. I still have a lot of free time which I spend with my friends and my loved ones.





Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Analytical Exposition Text

The Poor Man's Wealth